Sonntag, 11. Juni 2017

Depeche Mode in Munich, June 9 or takeover by Melanie

Later I will take the train to Hanover...first travel with the train to a concert. The train is coming.... get on board, haha, finally I can use this line!!!

I wasn't in Munich this time. It was not an easy decision. Normally I go to the Munich concerts.
Since 2001 including the Gahan Tour, I saw on every tour the Munich concerts. But 2013 it was a cold and rainy and quiet concert.
My work situation has changed since 2013 and the first time in my life I have a limited number of holidays and so I need to use them well and Munich felt victim to the circumstance....

But this time I have my ghost writers 😂 and now I make the whole tour.
The report of Munich was written by Melanie. I met her on the Delta Machine tour the first time maybe in Milano. We immediately had a connection to each other and so we kept in touch via Facebook.


I didn't see her on the concerts so far, because she is trying to get in the front row and I'm coming very late to the concerts. Hope we'll catch us in Hanover, because we all will stay there two nights.
Enjoy her exciting report and great pictures.



Depeche Mode under the rainbow!

Dear Claudia, I am very proud to write a small contribution for your blog - and this also at my home game in Munich. Thanks for that! The concerts in Munich are not exactly known for the great atmosphere, but yesterday we showed that things are different.
Since 1984, I have been on every tour, from tour to tour there have been more concerts and since the beginning of the Global Spirit tour, I have been developing into a "First Row Junkie". That's why I broke up early in the morning with my tour-companion Troy to the Olympiastadion. the long waiting time was not painful, because of the good weather conditions and the beautiful scenery of the Olympia terrain, the atmosphere among the waiting with us fans was relaxed and so we spent a few sociable hours to the inlet.





The internal strain just before the inlet is always quite nerve-racking.
Will the hours of waiting in front of the stadium be worth it?
Will you reach the first row?
Or was it all for nothing?
Fortunately, our efforts were rewarded. We arrived in the front row before Martin's micro and all the tension fell from us. In our surrounding area were exclusively very friendly people and we were finally able to enjoy the anticipation of the concert.








Unfortunately, the sun said goodbye in the early evening, and while the band "The Horrors" was struggling for the last time on this tour, the sky opened its locks and it began to rain. It was a short rain shower, to the first tones of "Revolution" by the Beatles, everything was dry again, the sun shone through the clouds and a rainbow stretched over  the Olympiastadion! 



Then it finally started.
Already at the opener "Going Backwards" and especially at the following "So much Live" we were full at the thing. To "So much Love", some fans in the front row held red heart balloons with greeting messages to the band, but this does not seem to have been a bigger fan action. "Barrel of a gun" was solid but "A Pain That I'm Used To," the mood immediately reappeared, followed by "Corrupt" and then "In your room". I was told in advance that Dave missed his entry for this song in Dresden and what should I say in Munich exactly the same happened to him. It took him a while to get in the song, but he brought it to the end, and was able to smile at his own misfortune and underline this with stretching out his tongue at the end of the song. "World in my Eyes" was routinely delivered and one of my highlights of each concert was "Cover me". The screens in the background are wonderful, the depth of this song and the emotions it triggers. And obviously not only I felt so. Just great! Subsequently followed by Martin's part, unfortunately without the hoped change of the setlist. Dave came back with "Poison Heart", but the crowd really began to move to "Where's the Revolution" and to "Wrong" finally the mood spilled over to the ranks.

And now one after the other: "Everthing Counts" was sensationally good, Dave in best form and next to us in the Front of the stage area all the people jumped, danced and sang . Party mood the finest,   continuously to the preliminary climax with "Enjoy the silence" and "Never let me down again". 
After the break Martin came back with" Somebody ", it came very well with the audience. A perfect picture with the luminous mobil phones and the radiant full moon above the Olympia area!! Then  "Walking in my Shoes" and then my emotional moment of the concert: "Heroes". The version and  as Dave worked with his voice were pure emotions, I always get goose bumps. "I feel you" warmed up the crowd again, and finally the mood in the Olympia stadium was boiling over at the final with "Personal Jesus." The people around me jumped continuously and it could have gone on forever. At  the farewell of the band, Dave was fooling Fletch by making a pantomimic drinking movement behind his back -what did he mean to us, who knows?







My conclusion: Munich can do it!
It is difficult for me to tell how far the mood could be transported to the upper ranks and backwards, but in the FOS area really all celebrated. All! 


Now following the two concerts in Hanover and who knows, perhaps it comes finally to a small change of the set list.
Thanks Claudia, that I can be a small part of your blog.
See you next time .....


I have to thank you, Melanie. When I read this, it feels if I've been there.
It is an honor to me... all these takeovers. Thank you all and I'm looking forward to the next takeovers. Hey devotees, if you want to write a report for me, please contact me! 














Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen