Donnerstag, 1. Juni 2017

Depeche Mode in Copenhagen May, 31 or takeover by Evelina

Here is a short but exciting review from Evelina. I discovered her on instagram and ask her, if she will takeover my site for Copenhagen. I was glad, as she answered : yes!
Look at her great pictures taken from the second row. Amazing



Evelina

There was so much love last night in Copenhagen. I can with no other words describe the concert at Parken in Copenhagen. I have seen Depeche Mode at that arena every tour since The Exciter tour and this was the most amazing one of them all. The sound was perfect, the crowd were on fire and Dave at his best. I have had the pleasure of attending both The Barrowland gig in Glasgow and the tour start in Stockholm. So far nothing beats the Barrowlands but Parken comes pretty close.

A new supporting band was a big welcome in Copenhagen and The Horros gave so much more energy than The Raveonettes. I will say no more about them, they were ok.

Having queued since 10 in the morning, in a very windy and cold Copenhagen it was a pleasure to hear the intro, see the lights go out and look for Dave on the upper stage. I had the pleasure of getting to second row in front of the stage. Right in front of Martin. I am only 158 cm tall (or short) so it helps to be close to the stage. And queuing all day means you get to meet a lot of nice Devotees. I acutally got to front row during the encore for being nice and giving a fello Devotee a piece of my Snickers since he was very hungry. I hope he and his wife have an excellent time at show in London on Saturday.





The setlist was the same as previous shows. There was a really good vibe from the band right from start with "Going backwards" and I think it escalated with "So much love".









I really enjoyed "A pain that I’m used to". Peter Gordeno played the base well and the crowed started jumping.

"Cover me" is for me a new DM classic. The backdrop from Anton Corbijn sets a tone that takes the song to a new level. I get goosebumps hearing it live and Dave was brilliant as ever.




Martins part with "A question of lust" and "Home" made the crowd go mad and Dave had to thank the audiance to shut us up and then he gave Martin a kiss. 



"Everything counts, Stripped, Enjoy the silence" and "Never let me down" made the crowd go mad but then those are the songs that everyone knows.

"Somebody, Walking in my shoes, Heroes, I feel you" and "Personal Jesus" - I got to enjoy front row. "Walking in my shoes" is my absolute new favourite live but then it has very powerful lyrics. And during I feel you the arena exploded. I hope everyone attending the show had a great time. Waving arms, singing along, dancing and red scrafs showing in the hands during Where’s the revolution must be an excellent review for the band.




Thank you so much, Evelina.

Love devotees, please contact me via Facebook, instagram or here, if you want to takeover my blog for one day. Write a report for a concert and send it to me with a view pictures. 
I'm traveling to many further concerts but I can't be everywhere ( although I wanted).

I'm very nervous, have so much things to do before I go to London in a few hours.
Will come back on Sunday and two friends of France will visit me.

And then finally the Monday. Depeche Mode will play here in my hometown and I have planned fan action, means a picture in front of the stadium. I'm looking forward to meet many devotees, long time friends, travel mates, colleagues.

So stay tuned and enjoy Depeche Mode!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen