Freitag, 23. Juni 2017

Depeche Mode in Berlin, June 22 or the rain is coming



I was so tired when the alarm clock rang at six-thirty, but I have to go to work after the fantastic Frankfurt concert. But I was in such a good mood, because Depeche Mode has announced their new tour dates for the european winter tour.  They will play in Cologne again, another home game, but they will play here on my birthday..... wow, I couldn't believe it in the first moment. 
So the work day was fine. And it was my last work day for ten days. 
After the office I drove home, grabbed my case and went by train to the airport and flew to Berlin.
I bought a bottle of Champagne at the airport for my friend in Berlin. 
It is a ritual between us. The one who comes to visit brings a bottle of champagne.
But first we ate in the "Südblock" in berlin Kreuzberg, a very nice location at the Kottbusser Tor.
The we enjoyed this good droplet before.....



I made me ready for the Pre-show party in the legendary Hansa Studios, where Depeche Mode recorded in the eighties. But even before them the studio had a reputation, after all, Bowie has already recorded albums there.



The DJ of the evening was my friend Elvis " Memphis" Rashidi. I was very happy to meet him there.
I knew the location from the last tour, we booked a tour through the studio. But this time the location 


Now was living in the shack, a sticky, stifling heat went through the "Meistersaal". But the people danced the whole evening to the sounds of Depeche Mode, presented by Master Elvis.


Very styli shed people from all over the world.


Here a group of fans from Argentina. Very funny people, they had a lot of fun.
I'm very excited to go Argentina next year. It will be a very good location to see Depeche Mode, when all the fans are like the ones I met that evening.



Finally I met Andi again. He was the reason why I came to the party. He invited me and so I decided to come a day earlier to Berlin as planed. And that was worth it.


I met many friends and made new acquaintances. Here I lay on the legendary stairs with Timo from Stuttgart. A little bit like Depeche Mode in the 80's.


Here with Jenna and Joana. Takeover meeting. Was such a pleasure to meet them.


But also a good evening goes to the end. At four o'clock in the morning I was at last in my cozy guest bed in Berlin Kreuzberg. I slept 6 hours and wrote finally the Frankfurt blog. My friend Fabian live in the 6.floor in Kreuzberg and I enjoyed the silence in the kitchen and wrote and let my eyes wander over the roofs of Kreuzberg. Then it was time to met my other travel mates. My friend Thomas had a room in the Easy Hotel in " Mitte" / Middle.
Room is maybe not the right word for this shoebox with a bed.
He had a present for me: Champagne again, yeah!



But  we had no way to cool it so we decided to drink a little bit beer.
As we sat in the bar it started to rain. We were very happy about the rain, because we thought, when it rains now, maybe later the concert will remain dry.....




The party started as we took the local train to Savigny Place, where we found a Vietnamese restaurant:
" Green Saigon". You should try it next time in Berlin. Kant Street 23.




We arrived the stadium. What an unbelievable building. .
I was many times there. Best concert I saw there was 2009,  Dave's 2. concert after his cancer. I will never forget this evening. One of the best concerts I ever seen.
Last tour the concert was totally rainy. Also for this day, there were even storm warnings.
It was so bad in Hanover that Gund and Roses could not go on stage. In Hamburg the train traffic was stopped. Around Berlin there were kilometers of traffic jam. A friend of ours, Szapi, did not make it to the concert punctually. He finally turned around 100km before Berlin and drove back to Leipzig.




What a view. Unfortunately very badly organized. Toilets only in the rear area, much too few. Drinks only in the rear area. You had to push from the front through so many people to drink something. All exits are blocked by many people. 


Here already a small taste for the Italians .... haha, Italy ... saturday it is so far.



Finally the concert started at 8:45 p.m. And no rain.... we were so happy. 

The band entered the stage in a very good mood. Dave looked so happy. He love Berlin!

Setlist as usual... with one surprise....





I love this moment when he greeted Berlin. You can hear how he loves the town.





" Cover me" . Uuuuuuh. Goosebumps. More and more I love this song. Becoming a favorite song on this tour. And Dave worked every minute. And this was not so easy as thought. The mood was a bit quiet.



Mr. Gore sang his two sings and the Berlin crowd and we together sang with him.




Unluckely didn't come the train, no, the rain was coming. t was not a rain, but a deluge. No train came, no ark. Bratislava was a desert compared to Berlin.....



This is the reason why I didn't take so many pictures from here on. All dressed in their raincoats, we decided to pull ourselves out more or less. We danced totally out in the rain. Sang, celebrated, laughed. Everything, but everything was wet afterwards. But it was so wonderful. I looked at Dave on the sreens, he looked just as happy. The rain revived the concert, the mood became better, more boisterous.



And so it raid again in berlin. Strange....
and so sang Martin Gore " Strangelove" after the break. I think he decided to give the audience something special for this wet evening. Great moment. I saw a few fans crying....oh, so heartbreaking. That's the reason why I love Depeche Mode.
Only " Heroes" was a small disappointment. I had promised myself more when he sang the song in Bowie's old home.
Dave thanked the crowd frenetcly. "Thank you, lovely people, " he said after bombastic " I feel you" and " Personal Jesus". But I have to thank the best band of the world. They gave her best to entertain this  wet masses. Dave went out many times on the catwalk, danced in the rain...




After concerts, we were thrown out. In a hurry, the stage staff wanted to get us all out. We stood outside under the arcades and warmed up before we wanted to buy the merchandise stand dry shirts.
But we were again asked to go, this time louder and tighter. I protested. The staff was very rude. But suddenly came people from the band crew and told the hall staff it should leave us alone. It worked on the spot. The crew apologized to us. I thought that was very nice. 


All in all, it was a great evening. Klitschnass, but happy we went home. My shoes and handbag have suffered badly, but my cellphone has survived.

Finally I met Melanie ( she wrote my Munich blog).


And I met Evelina ( She wrote my Copenhagen Blog) and Troy.





Next Morning I need a time to realize that the noise I hear is my alarm clock. Had to hurry for catch my aircraft to Cologne. Unbelievable what a long day. Here in Cologne I'm a mum. I have to prepare the days I'm not at home. And I drive to my small garden outside the city. Here in Cologne it not rained. It was so dry like in a desert and I had to water my flowers and my vegetables in the garden.
Now after a good dinner with my kids and friends, I wrote this few lines. Tomorrow I will leave Cologne for a week. First stop is Rome! Can't wait. many of you know, I'm a big Italian fan.
I love the people, the food, the football ( Yes! Forza!), the heat.....
Stay tuned, ragazzis!




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen