Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2014

Depeche Mode in Milano or the night of the faun!

After a wonderful morning in Turin, we made our way to Milan with our hire car!!
Our hotel was beside the Forum Assagio, where Depeche Mode plaid this evening.

It is far away from the center of Milan and we rented this hotel because it was a problem to go back to the center after the concert. For me it wasn't a problem, I was so often in Milan, which is such a wonderful city ( maybe you have read my Milan summer blog), but my friends didn't want to see Milan.....

So we staid in the hotel and had there Dinner.
Then it was time to go to the concert. I was so excited because in the summer I saw one of the best concerts of Depeche Mode in the San Siro stadium.

Can they do it again?

We were a group of four friends, the two boys had very good seating places and we girls had standing. The standing area was totally full and we decided to go upstairs to the boys.
I am the " Master of the Universe", if you want to grade yourself up and with a little arm-twisting
I convinced a security guard to let us go upstairs into the seating area.
Normally you can find a free place but this time not. The arena was totally sold out and we couldn't find a place. So my three friends packed themselves onto the two seats of the boys, but there was no place for me anymore....
I could stay on the stairs and yes, right, I wasn't the only one... many fans did the same like me and stand on the stairs  because they didn't have a seating place. The security guards came and called us to leave the stairs. We had to follow them and now they wanted to control the tickets for this area.
But I hadn't a seating ticket and I saw the near future how I had to leave the concert.

If you need a little bit help of your friends....sometimes it didn't work......
I love the Italian and one more: A nice italian guy, Carlo, said to me:" Come on, follow me, we had to leave very quick....!"
And we ran away from the security guards through the arena and finally he brought me back to the standing area. There were lot of friends of him and he invited me as his "friend from Germany" and they were so friendly to me, gave me beer and cigarettes and "I was singing and dancing with many distance friends again!" Thank you, I will never forget!

And Milan did it again: still before the concert started, nobody sat on the chairs. They clapped enthusiastically to the DJ Set, wow.
And as the band entered the stage a wave of applause swashed through the arena. Mr. Gahan was so overwhelmed, he greated the city with " Good evening; Milano!"
I was so thankful for this, because as he said " Good evening, Turin" two evenings before I ask my friends, why couldn't he said in Italian: Torino? But goes!!!!!

It was one of the best concerts of the tour, my number three. The concerts in summer were better because they were outside, it was warm and we saw the stars and the set was longer. But it was the best winter concert and I am sure, nothing will be better on this tour. So I enjoyed every minute, I forgot my friends, yes, that's true, and I sponged everything.
I hung on Dave's lips, I was so happy.
My new italian friends made a real big party and we danced like dervishes at " Personal Jesus", the best song of the evening.

It was a kind of modern ballet, I had the feeling I was in a new performance of " L'apres midi d'un faun" and Mr. Gahan was the faun. I know Nijinsky himself would have loved it.
As the greatest dancer of the universe died in 1950 he said: "I will be born again as a horse" but Thursday evening in Milan I saw something from the spirit of him on stage in Mr. Gahan.
( But sorry, I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors !)

One drop of bitterness: I missed my friend Martin from Cologne. Wished you was there with me.

After the concert I said " Goodbye" to the wonderful Italians I met, you saved the day!! Mille grazie!!

I went alone to our hotel and after two hours waiting I went to bed.
Later I got a message from one of the others and we talked things out.
No hard feelings, shit happens.

If I think at Milan, I will remember " la nuit d'un faun" and Carlo!




















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen