Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2014

Depeche Mode in Bologna or " Lambrusco" time!

I try to tell the story now in a new kind, because since I was in Italy the time is running so fast.
I still had to write the Bologna and the Lodz Blog and in two days I will be on the road again for the last three shows, so I have to save time.


After a good breakfast we left Milan and in a good mood we drove to Bologna:



Our hotel was a little bit outside the center but we took a bus into the city.
Bologna, capital city of the region Emilia Romagna, a high-producing region of Italy.
Bologna is called the Red ( red buildings), the Fat ( very good food) and the Academic ( the big University) .
We made a wonderful walk through Bologna, you can walk 38 kilometers ( 23 miles)
under a covered footpath .
With the arcades new living space was built for the growing city.




We found a beautiful restaurant and I tasted tortellini filled with Ricotta and sage.
Tortellini is one of the specialities of Bologna, they say, the form of the tortellini looks like the belly button of the roman goddess Venus!
Another typical Bolognese special was the wine Lambrusco.
This is a sparkling wine and they drink it cold.
Believe, we drank a lot of it. Great taste and it do something special with you. 
It is not the same intoxication you can have with beer....








After an amazing breakfast in our hotel we were ready for more sightseeing in Bologna:



Piazza Maggore with the fontaine of Neptune

Cherry blossoms in February


Bologna: home of the Tortellini, the Mortadella, the Bolognese ragout, the Tagliatelle



The two leaning towers of Bologna:
Torre Garisenda and Torre degli Arinelli.
I had the crazy idea to go up the second higher tower. It is 94 meters high.
First there was a spiral stair and everything was fine, but then came free stairs from which you could look downstairs. If I went up, it was no problem, because I looked up to my frontman, but to come down I had to look at the stairs and ...
it was terrible to come down, my vertigo was so strong.
I was sweaty, I went weak at the knees and I was trembling.








But after half a liter of Lambrusco I felt better.
It was time to go back to the hotel.
On the way home we passed the hotel of Depeche Mode by luck.
We recognized it because there stood a lot of fans in front of it and the there were Carabinieris ( italian traffic police)waiting. But we didn't wait on the band, from this age I grown out!



Concert time: we went by car to the Unipol Arena, because it was so far away from the center.
It was a emotional evening, because for two friends of us, it was the last concert of their tour and they was very sad. And unfortunately the boys had seating places again and we had standing places.
I had sworn, I will never help friends or other people to get better places after the Milan debacle, but the boys sent a message, they had bad places and the mood was not the best at the seating area.
It was true. Mr. Gahan was in the same mood like in Milan but the Bolognese are maybe more red, fat and academic ( sorry) than the Milanese. And because it was the last concert for two of us I gave my best to get the boys in. It was hard work because standing and seating was totally different areas, but I reached the goal as Martin sang his two songs!
Game, set and win! Now we had a unbelievable good mood and it was a stormy affair, because the temperature in the arena was so hot, we took our tops of. At the last five songs we jumped the queue and stand in front of Dave. He smiled to us, haha, happy moment, so nobody could weep at this concert, because we had so much fun.
The Italians in the front rows crested me with a hair ribbon in Minnie Mouse style, lol.
It was a crowning of our Italy tour!!! Amore!!!










The last hours in Italy we spent on a hill outside of Bologna where we visited 
Santano della Madonna di San Luca, a red stone church.
We went by car on the hill but if you like you can walk the longest covered footpath in the world up to the church ( about 4 kilometers/2,5 miles).
The view over the area was so beautiful and the weather was sunny.
What more can you ask for?
Maybe a last Lambrusco?
Sooner said than done!
And then it was time to say Goodbye.
The boys drove us to the Bologna airport before they going back to Milan, from where they flew back to Germany.
The end of the tour is near. I saw many concert with Sylvia and Thomas and we had lot of fun together, but now the tour is over for both.
For me, four concerts left!
Ciao Italia, best country in the world.
I wished the whole tour could ending in Italy because here I had the best times with Depeche Mode in my life!












Arrivederci!!









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen