Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2014

Depeche Mode in Dresden or he got the banana

My cold got a little bit better, so I went very glad to the Cologne airport, where I met my friend Sylvia . We started the journey with to cans of cold beer and managed it to get the last call for our flight, ups.

In very good mood we landed in Dresden and made a quick sightseeing tour through the city.
It's such a beautiful town, I like the new builded " Church of our Lady". We went inside, unbelievable
beauty!!!

Then we visited a kind of christmas market, sounds strange, but there was one.
They had a huge chute and we liked it like kids to climb the high and slipping down, haha, what a fun.

Then we met a lot of other friends in our hotel which layed at the Prager Street, a big street with many hotels.

We drove to the fair-trade hall of Dresden, a small hall without seats, where Depeche Mode played the last Germany concert yesterday evening.

We had front of the stage tickets, so we had a good view.
It was a very good concert, maybe not like Mannheim or Frankfurt or Hannover, but a very well done concert.
They changed again " in your room" for " should be higher", I hated this, but what can I do?

We had such a lot fun together, we all started to counting down. After the Dresden concert now 9 concerts left for me, oh my God.

But I didn't cry at " Enjoy the silence", I was very proud!

The german fans kept up a lot of different sheets but on the most of it stood" Fletch". ( there was a few with " Mart" and " Dave" and " Thank you".
On Facebook there was a movement for Fletch, was called: " we Fletch together".
There was a while where Dave ignored Andy totally and the fans wanted to change this .
Since a while they hugged after the concert again, but Dave never introduced Fletch as " Just can't get enough" like on the summer leg of the tour.

Yesterday as he came at the end of the catwalk at "jcge" he read the sheets and then with a bitchy smile he introduced Andy again" Mr. Andrew" Fletch" Fletcher"!!
And some fans in the front rows gave Dave a big blow-up banana and he brought it to Andy!!
Now Mr. Banana is back! On the last tour Andy ate sometimes a banana on stage and the it was a running gag for the fans to bring blow-up bananas to the concerts on the last tour.

The crowd was screaming so loud, wow, Dave is a real good entertainer, he know what the audience want!!!
The next song was " I feel you" and it was my favorite of the evening, Dave danced like a berserk.
And me, too.

And then " Never let me down". Wow, what a feeling. I shed the tears, now, but I wasn't the only one, there was adult man with tears in their eyes.
My eye shadow was smudgy, I looked like Alice Cooper.
If you didn't know, I like a very coloured eye shadow, it is my hallmark in the black world of Depeche Mode fans.

Depeche Mode, the best band in the world.

After one beer together with friends we slept because we had to catch a very early flight back to Cologne. Working day!!

There was another funny anecdote. As we got in the train to the airport, I met a very old Depeche Mode friend of mine and it's funny because the most of the time I met him in trains or in the subway in different cities all over the world.

At the airport we thought about the idea of a soap about our Depeche Mode travel group.
The reality was the best screenplay. It was a crazy year on the road with Depeche Mode.

I hope you will me attend for the last 9 concerts.
Next stop Zurich !!!

























Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen