Mittwoch, 24. Mai 2017

Depeche Mode in Budapest May 22, 17 or a fan takeover part 2 by Dagmar

Ok, here comes the second takeover for Budapest, written by Dagmar. I met her the first time 2003 in New York at Tower Records, where Dave played a kind of unplugged set on his solo tour.
So enjoy her report:

Dagmar Fk
Dagmar
05/22/2017
Budapest: For me one of the best concerts ever.

The love for Depeche Mode led my friend Danielle and me for the second time in the charming city Budapest. We started together on 21.5. from Berlin Schönefeld to our Depeche Mode trip.

It was my second concert on this tour after Stockholm and I am still totally flashed now at the morning after. Everything has to ease down. Excited we went already at 1o'clock pm towards the Groupama Arena. I had the news that there will be the first entrance already at 15 o'clock. So we took   the M3 to the arena. We got into the pack of waiting EarlyEntries with number 78 and 79.. I looked forward to a relaxed intake as in Stockholm 😉

I still miss the right words for the admission procedure in the groupama arena - it was absolutely unprofesionell. We had EarlyEntry / FOS Tickets. No organization - in the strong crowds, two security guards, just before 5 o'clock pm, tried to put us ribbon for FOS - no chance - it didn't take 5 minutes and the ribbons were no longer in the hands of the security guards.  The fans took the ribbons - without any control. Now entrance through turnstiles while scanning the tickets. I saw my first row fading away.....

This time there were two 2 supporting bands: F.O.X. And the Raveonettes - we were without a promised pass in the arena but though 1st row at the catwalk and so the evening was saved! Now Martin and Dave just have to came out on the catwalk!!

The entrance?  Everything is forgotten after the first seconds of the concert. 🙂 Depeche arrive at the stage around 8:45 pm. I fell in love with the outfits of Dave and Martin - red and black - what a wonderful combination. For me, they do not have to pull off the red jackets so quickly.

 Dave and Martin had so much fun on stage from the beginning , and they entertained the audience, carried it along and lifted the spirits of the masses. The crowds around us celebrated the new and old songs. It all fitted: The arena - weather - mood - audience.

For me this trip was worth it. It was an absolute dream concert! I will not forget that. We had lot of fun and the band was as good as I had not seen them for a long time. I think they like Budapest and we know the Hungarian fans are absolutely passionate and make a wonderful atmosphere!

With the setlist, there was only one tiny change. "Home" and "A Question of Lust" were simply exchanged. I honestly expected a real change.

My personal highlights were "Going Backwards" as an opener followed by "So much love" and later "Cover me" and of course the Bowie cover "Heroes". Even if the stage seems almost too small in the big stadium, I find this "platform" great, to which Dave can climb in the background of the stage. Great idea / work of Anton. I like his artwork and visual realization altogether, even if I do not understand some sequences with the different animals. 🙂 Perhaps it is an opportunity to ask Anton Corbijn, where the deeper meaning is ("Enjoy the Silence").

I am always impressed with the energy and power Dave sweeps over the stage and how he works with his mimic / gesture - this is also very well seen on the two big screens. As we stood at the catwalk, we were offered three times the pleasure of seeing Dave very close! This time he also shot at the end of the catwalk T-Shirt (4) with two guns into the crowd. Has anyone actually seen such a "shirt" or are it perhaps also flags? Now back to the catwalk . Martin came out at "Home".

Unfortunately Martin didn't change one of his songs. That would have been a surprise for us. I was still happy about the two songs - they are so great and his voice is so crystal clear - a goldenthroat. He always creates an enchanting mood again and again. A sea of ​​lighters lighted up later at "Somebody" and caused goose bumps even with the last fan.

Here is the setlist of Budapest:

01. Going Backwards
02. So Much Love
03. Barrel of A Gun
04 A Pain That I'm Used To
05. Corrupt
06. In Your Room (Album Version)
07. World In My Eyes
08. Cover Me
09. A Question of Lust (Martin)
10. Home (Martin)
11. Poison Heart
12. Where's The Revolution
13. Wrong
14. Everything Counts
15. Stripped
Use concert /her views
17. Never Let Me Down Again
To "Never Let Me Down Again" there was a fan action. Several "hundreds" waved their arms with white gloves.

Encore
18. Somebody (Martin) 19. Walking In My Shoes 20. Heroes (David Bowie cover) 21. I Feel You 22. Personal Jesus

Happy, with merchandising in the bag, we went back by bus to the hotel near the St. Stephen's Basilica. One thing is certain: Budapest-I will come back again and hopefully to another Depeche Mode concert.

"See the star's, there shining bright
Everything's all right tonight!

Now back to Germany and I'm looking forward to the concert in Leipzig:
"I'm taking a ride with my best friend".






























Thank you Dagmar for the enthusiastic words.
Budapest is at every tour a safe harbour. I read in my tour diary of 2006 and there I described the Budapest show as one of the best I saw 2006. And I saw 56 concerts 2006. Only Rome and Istanbul were better. So it rests exciting. More shows will come.... tonight Prague! 
See you next time, my dears!






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen