Montag, 15. Mai 2017

Depeche Mode at Nizza / 12.05.2017 or We're going backwards

For the moment a view pictures of my travel to Nice in France, where Depeche Mode played last Friday the 4.concert of the Global Spirit tour. 4 concert in one week, for cities and countries in one week. I was at home between Amsterdam and Antwerp and between Antwerp and Nice, because I had to work. So please understand, why I limp behind it....
Tomorrow I will write more here, because Nice was a very important stone on my way.
Theme is going backwards, so I say good night with a few lines of the first song of their new album "Spirit".

                                                           " We are not there yet
                                                              where we need to be
                                                              we are still in debt
                                                              to our insanities
                                                              we're going backwards ".


So here it is.... the blog for Nice :


We arrive at Nice before noon. It wasn't so sunny like we hoped but better than in our hometowns. We took a bus into the city centre. Our hotel, Kyriad Port Hotel, was located near to "Place Garibaldi".You can walk to the old town, to the promenade, the beach, the port. Small, but clean rooms. If you turn left when you leave the hotel, there's a small street, the "rue Bonaparte" with many small cafes restaurants, bars. After we checked in, we had a great meal at the " Deli Bo". I ate a vegan bowl, very tasty. But very expensive, but it's Nice, Cote D'Azur.



Now a small window for sightseeing, so we climbed to the viewpoint " Colline du Chateau". Here you can see over whole Nice, so beautiful. Long time ago on this hill stood a castle. 




Then fast back to the hotel, we made us ready for the concert, because we had to catch a bus. 
The concert was in the stadium Charles Ehrmann. The stage stood into the Palais Nikaia, where Depeche Mode played their warm up gig 4 years ago. Interesting construction. The stadium was very old and there were maybe 20.000 people.







I was so happy to be there with one of my longest travel mates, Arkadi and his girlfriend Isabelle. I met Arkadi first time 2006 and since this time we made so many concerts together. This time we planned a very long tour together. We want to go Latin- and Southamerica together. Nice was our first gig together.
The front of the stage area was so big this evening, more than the half standing area. Arkadi and Isa stood in the first third, but I decided to walk around the whole concert.




Depeche Mode went out on a snippet of "Where's the revolution" and then the setlist like normal. It was the 4.concert, setlist change will be later at the tour. And most of the people see only one concert, so the setlist is perfect. 
Luckely the sun went down as depeche Mode went out, so the lightshow worked very well. With a certain distance, the lightshow is awesome.

The screening of " Going Backwards" is like a trip in the past. The first images showed a ready painting. The further the song progresses, the image becomes unfinished. That's a great idea and i need a few concerts to discover it.



The atmosphere was the best so far, probably I will say this for the next while, it takes a time on
every tour until the train comes rolling....haha, so get on board.The french peoples love Depeche  
Mode and n the course of the concert the French were always happier. Many of them danced and sang with the band. I met many friends in the concert, most of them from Germany. I used to be here
and here, on the sides, in the back, at the very front left. Later I met my friends from America. They  both wrote the next blog about the Ljubljana concert. I was in my element, Depeche Mode, drinking beer, meeting fans from all over the world, singing, dancing....

                            
















Again " Cover me" worked very well, I like it so much when Dave came out on the catwalk and dance in a very special quiet style.
Martins songs and his visit on the catwalk was very much cheered.
" Everything counts" was one of the best moments of the concerts, the peoples sang a ling while at the end of the song.
And " Enjoy the silence".... this song means such a lot for me. Over years I have heard every day a live version of this song on my Ipod on the walk to work. Believe me, every day, for years. So because it was very cruel for me, that I couldn't enjoy " Enjoy the silence" so far. But there in Nice was lots of space and  danced to the song the whole time with my back to the stage . Dave does this now quite often, so I do this, too.  So I went backwards to my good all " Enjoy the silence" times.

The first time I heard  " Heroes" completely. "And you, you can be mean and I, I'll drink all the time".
Best songs for me this evening " I feel you" and " Personal Jesus".

After the concert we had to move out fast to catch the night bus. Just in the moment we arrived at the bus stop, he came. In the bus we met a group of fans and so it was an entertaining ride back to the city centre. Arkadi, Isa and I needed a while to find an open bar. 
very early curfew at 1.00 a.m.
We ghad a beer at the "place Garibaldo2 and then we went back to our hotel. beside the hotel is a small place. There stood a group of german fans and friends which lived in the same hotel as us.
They had lots of beer, wine, vodka. we were happy about this because in the concert the beer was to expensive ( 8€ per a pint plus 2€ to keep the fan cup, first time here in Nice).
So we rested there until 3.00 o'clock a.m, were all silly together.
A friend of us, the day was his birthday, spoke to passers-by who were about to go to their house and he managed to buy their private beer. Incredible.




I'm happy to tell you, that I stood up next morning at 7.00 o'clock and ran along the promenade. Ocean to my left, old city to my right. Fantastic weather. After the run, I sauntered about a farmers market and bought a daily newspaper with Depeche Mode on the title.
Then I enjoyed a few espressos at the Deli Bo, where we had lunch the day before. The waiter recognized me and it was a grandiose morning in this wonderful town. The sun make the peoples happy and there in Nice I felt so happy.







Ok, and then going backwards... to home.
My next concert is first Bratislava in one week, but a few other fans will takeover my blog to report for you about Ljubljana and Athens.
See you soon, my sweet devotees!
















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen