Samstag, 27. Januar 2018

Depeche Mode in Nuremberg, January 21 or " a love that is growing"

Sometimes you didn't expect anything and that's how it was with the concert in Nuremberg.
I didn't want to go to Nuremberg ( a small city in Franconia, well known for his christmas markets) because I have only day left after the Berlin concerts. One day left at home for do the laundry, do the shopping and many other bits and bobs.
Reward was an evening and dinner with my son.
But I went to Nuremberg because friends said, come on, you can't miss it. And so Sunday morning  the train was coming again....


But first I went to Bamberg, a small wonderful city near Bamberg where two very good friends of mine living. We spent a wonderful afternoon together before I take the local train to Nuremberg.
It is the best side effect of this tour to meet friends all over the world.
An important word to describe one aspect of this tour : friendship
New friendship, old friendship, to make friends, to lost friends, go through thick and thin, testing limits, laugh together, wrangle together, to be offended, to be happy, together, alone, expectations, joy.






You lern a lot about life if you be such a long time on tour mostly with the same people.
As I arrived in Nuremberg we met as a group of five friends ( my base travel group Arkadi, Isa, Michael and Ohst) for dinner. We had dinner in a nice Ceylon restaurant where all of us got a perfect meal, no matter what food we prefer.

Then directly to the Arena Nuremberg, a small arena for nearly 11000 people.
Actually I had a seating place in the upper rows but my friends found a way to get me into the standing area, which was very well filled, it was so hot inside.



Yes and the concert started in time, I say it again, we expected nothing.
But the concert was from the beginning one of the best. All people in this small arena are standing from " Going backwards". The applause was enormous.
And as one hand washes the other Dave and the band played a great show.

After the third song Dave greeted the fans with " Good evening Nuremberg".
Dave is a creature of habit. He likes it do the same things again and again. He always greeted the fans after the second song, but in this winter tour he started to say " Good evening" after the third song.
I understand why.
He builded up a tension with the first 3 songs:
The opener ( Going backwards) invites us with the words " there is nothing inside" and we can ask ourselves " do we feel nothing inside" while we celebrate together with Dave, Depeche Mode and our friends.



Then Dave proclaimed " I'm going to take my time.... I have all the time of the world" ( It's no good) and started to spin his crazy pirouettes.
To " Barrel of the gun" he began his soul striptease and he shouted at us:
" What do you expect of me? What is it you want?" and he looked really like he wants to know.
Then he gave us " The message" : "Don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge, I'm trying not to lose my head, it's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under".
Then he laughed in this strange cool way and swept away imaginary dirt from his shoulder.
 This is a perfect moment to welcome the audience and to breathe deeply.
( In Berlin 2 he greeted the audience only after the 4. song but now he is back in the track).




It was an extraordinary good mood there in this small arena, really hilarious. We danced totally happy together to our favorite songs and I did my very special own way to  treat myself: I screech  like  a hysterical teenager, and sometimes I said " Oh my god", " David".
I know my friends laughing a little bit about me, but I can not help it, it is my way doing the concert and handle my feelings for Dave.





It was a special evening, we noticed, that Mr. gore looked really good and relaxed this evening. It was remarkable.
At " Never let me down"  the T shirt of Dave's gun flew  close past my head and popped again the ring fence. A guy picked up the t-shirt and I asked him for a picture with this t-shirt, because it was the first time I saw anybody catching the t-shirt. But he didn't want to it to me.
While I discussed with him the band left the stage and Martin came back.
I thought Martin will sing his normal song " Strangelove" but then I realized .....oh wow... there happened a very very rare moment. I needed a time to recognize the song and he really sang :

"I want you now
Tomorrow won't do
There's a yearning inside
And it's showing through
Reach out your hands
And accept my love
We've waited for too long
Enough is enough
I want you now"



I heard this song the last time in the 90ties live. Unbelievable.......
We couldn't believe that this happened really.



Dave performed like an mad man " Question of time", I like this moment when he thrown away his microphone stand. And  like always " Personal Jesus"....the show ended with the best song.
Then as the band left the stage Dave rested a long time alone on stage. He unbuttoned his vest and showed us his chest and stomach, but kept his vest on. But a big step forward for a coveted moment of all female fans. I 'm sure he will do it soon......

We left the arena very quick because Ohst and I went back by car to Frankfurt where he live and I stood there for the night and take the train next morning back to Cologne.

Yes and now after 5 work days I'm in Milan.
Dave said on the last tour, Milan is his favorite Concert city. What will happen tonight or on Monday. Will they play something special? Maybe " Just can't get enough" which the Italians demanded after the second Turin concert?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen