Freitag, 19. Januar 2018

Depeche Mode in Amsterdam, January 13 or takeover by David "Almost Predictable"

So, in return, the famous David, who is the owner if the great "Almost Predictable" Blog has written the review for Amsterdam. I met him before the concert in the Ziggo Dome.
A little bit unbelievable that Depeche Mode playing there the second time in one tour. But Amsterdam is one of my favorite cities and  I was really happy to be there again and in the well organized location Ziggo Dome.
But this is not my review, please read was David has written:


MORE THAN A PARTY – DEPECHE MODE, ZIGGO DOME, AMSTERDAM, 13 JANUARY 2018



Hi everyone. My name’s David and I run the Almost Predictable Almost blog which is hosting a project called the Global Spirit Tour Project. The aim is to have every gig on the tour reviewed by a fan who was at the show. For full details and to read the reviews to date, here’s a link:

http://almostpredictablealmost1.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/depeche-mode-global-spirit-tour-project.html


Claudia is one of the fans who has reviewed a gig or two for the project and I was delighted when she asked me to return the favour by reviewing Amsterdam for My Daily Mode Blog. Claudia has been a tremendous help to my own blog project and I’m hugely jealous of the number of times she has seen Depeche, both on this tour and on all other tours.

When the Amsterdam gig was announced last June, it was one I had to go to. It was on a Saturday, there are plenty of direct flights from my hometown Glasgow and it was just after New Year – a great way to beat the winter blues. Last Friday, me and my friends John and Andrew left Glasgow for Amsterdam and a weekend of partying and Depeche Mode. After a rather lively Friday night out and an understandably quiet Saturday morning, we set off for the Ziggo Dome fuelled with a few beers on the way.



                                                          David is the one in the middle!!


The Ziggo Dome is a wonderful venue. It was our first visit there and we all thought the same – the sound was incredible, the venue really easy to get around and overall, it was a really memorable experience.
We weren’t just there for the venue though – we were there for Depeche Mode. As with every other gig I’ve seen on this tour, the band were in great form. It’s wonderful that they are playing with such energy and enthusiasm. It almost seems as if the really positive reaction to Spirit has given them new life (pardon the pun) and, even nearly 9 months into their world tour, they are still playing as if it is the first gig on the tour.
Dave was a ball of energy as ever, pirouetting, prancing, preening and grooving his way around the stage and catwalk as if he was half his age. For me, there are very few singers who can touch Dave when he is on this form. Every single person in the audience, from the early entry crazy people to the very back row of the seats was captivated by his performance.
As ever, Cover Me, World In My Eyes, Everything Counts and a gargantuan Never Let Me Down Again were highlights. Cover Me has the feeling of an old favourite Depeche song. Its place in any future tour sets is surely guaranteed.



Along with everyone else, we sung every word of the show from the first “We are not there yet” to the last “Reach out and touch faith” of the night, with every other word screamed as tunefully as we could in between. The shows I’ve been to on this leg (Dublin, Manchester, Paris and Amsterdam) have all the feel of a real (black?) celebration with the very best of Depeche Mode on display at each. Once they hit the run of songs from Stripped onwards, I defy anyone not to have one of the best live music experiences of their lives. The band grab you, lift you up and take you on a journey that still has you buzzing for days after the show. When Depeche Mode are playing as well as they are very hard to beat.



As well as seeing the band, I got to catch up with a few people at the gig too, including Claudia and her travelling companions Thomas and Michael. The celebration I mentioned above not only refers to the music but also to meeting up with old and new friends at these gigs and it adds a special edge to already special events.
Tours have to end sometime sadly and we have until July to enjoy this current Depeche show. Whether or not they tour again remains to be seen, but, for now, Depeche Mode are unmissable and playing some of their best concerts ever. That’s why I went to Amsterdam and that’s why so many other Depeche Mode fans follow them all over the world. Our band, our music and our friends – what a combination.  



Thank you David, great! I'm proud that you know being part of my blog. Devotees forever and ever!

#depechemode #globalspirittour #devotees #amsterdam






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen