Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017

Depeche Mode in Mannheim, Novemer 30 or takeover by Isa

Unfortunately I got sick after the last concert in Stuttgart and I couldn't go to the concert in Mannheim. Especially Mannheim. I like the concerts there. I have wonderful memories of Mannheim. The unbelievable great last concert 2001. The mood is every time very good and so I rested very sad at home.
My friend Isa has written the blog for me. We were together in California and enjoyed the great 4 Hollywood concerts, a spectacular day at La Jolla Beach and amazing adventures in San Francisco and the 17 miles drive.
So, join in and read what Isa wrote! Have fun!


Hi, my name is Isa.
Claudia and I saw lots of Depeche Mode concerts this tour together. Only a few weeks ago we were together in California. Wish I would be still there in California. I don't like the winter and it is very impractical to go to the concerts with all this clothes I wear in the winter.
I drove by car with my boy friend Arkadi to Mannheim. Arkadi is the master of parking. He found a very good place for our car near by the SAP Arena, only 5 minutes to walk.
We arrived early at the arena and met some friends in the restaurant which is located inside the arena.
After a beer we join into the hall. You can enter the restaurant through the rear entrance and then you can enter the arena directly from the restaurant. So you practically sneak past the queues at the entrance.
We bought another beer and found a good place not so far aaa from the stage and the catwalk.
They didn't have a front of the stage area there or any other barrier.
The SAP arena is a little but smaller then the Lanxess arena in Cologne, but a very nice place for concerts.
I heard a lot about the concerts in Mannheim, my friends rave about the concerts there.
I made lots of pictures, a kind of photo gallery because I don't want to write a lot.
I love the concerts and I spent my time with singing and dancing while the concert.
It was a very good concert but my friends said, not so good mood like in the years before, but I liked it very much.
I watching Dave the most of the time. He is unbelievable, a whole evening full of power. In Frankfurt I stood en front of the catwalk and saw him very close. He looks very good and have so much power, very impressive. I Mannheim he spoke often a few German words, I think he likes the german fans and the german concerts.

The Concert start with an extract of the Beatles song " Revolution" followed by the intro of depeche Mode. The crowd welcomed the band and especially Dave with a huge applause.



Not the best picture of SAP Arena, sorry





me




"We have no respect
We have lost control
We're going backwards
Ignoring the realities
Going backwards"


"When will you realize
Do we have to wait 'till our worlds collide
Open up your eyes
You can't turn back the tide"


"What do you expect of me?
What is it you want?
Whatever you've planned for me
I'm not the one"


"I'm not sure what I'm looking for anymore
I just know that I'm harder to console
I don't see who I'm trying to be instead of me
But the key is a question of control"


"Here I stand, the accused
With your fist in my face
Feeling tired and bruised
With the bitterest taste"


"Angels with silver wings
Shouldn't know suffering
I wish I could take the pain for you"


"That's all there is
Nothing more than you can feel now
That's all there is"


" World in my eyes" 
Dave dedicated this song in Mannheim to Mr. Andy Fletcher.
?


"And you know we're sinking
We could fade away
I'm not going down
Not today"




"And your body's a fire
An inferno that never ends"

" Sister of night" sang by Martin Gore, second time on this tour.



"Here is a page
From the emptiest stage
A cage or the heaviest cross ever made
A gauge of the deadliest trap ever laid"



"In your room
Where time stands still
Or moves at your will"


"Who's making your decisions"
Dave stood a while on the podium after the song, he looked like a ringleader


"Picture it now
See just how
The lies and deceit
Gained a little more power"


                             The new screening of " Everything counts" is really amazing. Infinity!!!


"Words like violence
Break the silence
Come crashing in
Into my little world
Painful to me"



" I hope he never lets me down again!


What is Dave thinking?


"Man will survive
The harshest conditions
And stay alive
Through difficult decisions"


"I would tell you about the things they put me through
The pain I've been subjected to"


"It's just a question of time
Before they lay their hands on you"







" reach out, touch faith"
"Reach out and touch Dave"


After the concert we hurried to get to our car, just like the stagetrucks of Depeche Mode, who were already waiting in front of the hall to be loaded.
My friend drove me safely back to home, on the way it started to snow.
It was a really good concert, I really enjoyed it.
Thank you for let me writing this blog, hope you all will like it.

Excerpts of songs by Depeche Mode, all written by Martin L. Gore and Dave Gahan



Thank you dear Isa. This blog is different then the others and I like it very much.
I'm feeling better. Today I will go to Paris! Yeah

#depechemode #globalspirittour #devotees #mannheim







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen