Montag, 11. Dezember 2017

Depeche Mode in Torino, December 9 or " Let me take you on a trip"

After Paris I spent 3 days at home. I had to deal with some problems, a dental appointment and a water damage in the bathroom.
But I was able to solve everything and in the morning we flew to Milan on Saturday and then continue by rental car to Turin. For 7 years I did not drive a car, but I brought my friends and me safely to Turin.
We started with a very good lunch, Pizza, what else and after a nap we walked to the Pala Alpitour, another arena with a new name. Formerly Palaolimpico.
Unfortunately we had a few tickets left, because a few friends couldn't or did not wanted to come.
We couldn't find any buyer. Same evening Juventus Turin played against Inter Milan, an important match in the fight for first place in the Seria A. The most of you know I'm a very big Gigi Buffon fan and I was in big dilemma because the Depeche Mode concert and the football game. It is the last season of Buffon and I want to see him just once more, but there was no chance to get a ticket for the game.
But luckily for me ( not for Juve) Buffon couldn't play this evening, because he was hurt.
So I hoped I see him in the concert, but no way....

We found a nice small bar near the arena and had a few aperitivos, like it is called in Italy.
Aperol Sprizz. In Italy you get always small appetizers to your aperitif and the very nice waitress liked us and brought us so many appetizers. It is for free.... amazing. So we sat there a while and everybody had 3 glasses of Aperol Sprizz. We paid not much for 15 glasses of this wonderful drink, 60 €. The waitress was so unbelievable friendly to us, one appetizer plate she served where small breads with sauerkraut and sausages... a small homage to us Germans, so so nice. I couldn't sell my second Depeche Mode ticket so I asked her, if she likes Depeche Mode. She approved it und so I gave her the ticket as a gift. Wow, she was so happy. Thank you for your unbelievable smile!!!

In the concert we met a group of friends. We sang, drank and danced together. The Italians started very slow, not the mood we excepted, but Mr. Gahan worked hard and later it was an unforgettable concert. Setlist like usual. Could not  remember to something special, I just enjoyed every minute of this wonderful show. The arena was very spacious, a great venue.
Little bit strange was the ticket policy, because they sold here Early Entry tickets for just 20 Euros more than the normal standing area tickets. We thought, it was a kind of Front of the stage area, but no, it meant really Early Entree. But I think this is a better idea than the very expensive Early Entree tickets we know from all the other concerts of Depeche Mode in Europe.
After the concert we decided to find out the truth about all the rumors about Dave Gahan.
We took a taxi to the Hotel Principi di Piemont, where the band stayed.
It was no problem to come into the bar, where we found a very good table and ordered again Aperol Sprizz. We saw Fletch with his daughter and one of Martin's daughters.
Pictures were not allowed, but later Andy came to us, said hello and asked, if we liked the show. He was very friendly.
A little time later Dave came into the bar with a big entourage. He stood nearly three  hours between his friends with a few glasses of water. Yes, water. His bodyguard, a very friendly guy, told us to take no pictures and we respected it.
Dave looked amazing. He delivered a madness show in Turin and later he stood there, really relaxed. Wow. We all was completely hypnotized by this man and happy that all the rumors wasn't true. And how happy must he feel now, I think it is another step for him to go in a bar, drank a few water, spent time with his friends instead of sitting alone in his room like the last 20 years.
Later I ask him for a picture, but he said no and what can I tell you more?

If you don't believe me.... do the same like us.
We drank again 3 Aperol Sprizz each but the bill was a little bit higher....ouch.
But it was it worth, what an evening.


Let me take you on a trip
Around the world and back
And you won't have to move
You just sit still
Now let your mind do the walking
And let my body do the talking
Let me show you the world in my eyes
I'll take you to the highest mountain
To the depths of the deepest sea
We won't need a map, believe me
Now let my body do the moving
And let my hands do the soothing
Let me show you the world in my eyes
That's all there is
Nothing more than you can feel now
That's all there is
Let me put you on a ship
On a long, long trip
Your…







She was so happy as I gave her my second ticket.




















no comment



The Hotel Principe di Piemont. Very luxury.






ouch



next morning espresso




Torino is a small beautiful town and we spent to whole day off in this friendly city.


My second paradise




The Mole Antonelliana (Italian mole: "very large structure") is the landmark of the Italian city of Turin. This tower is higher than the Cologne Cathedral and the dome is awesome. Check out my Turin blog from 2014, there are more photos.







#depechemode #globalspirittour #devotee #davegahan #fletch #turin #juve


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen