Freitag, 8. Dezember 2017

Depeche Mode in Paris, December 5 or "Groundhog day"

It was a very hard work day after the grandiose first Paris concert and I was so happy as I came home in the evening. We had a nice dinner with my son and went to bed very early.
Next morning we grabbed our things again and took again the Thalys train to Paris.....
it was a little bit like in the film with Bill Murray : " Groundhog day".
We felt the most time like "What? Haven't we experienced that before?" not like a Déjà-vu, kind of endless loop we caught in. But not the worst endless loop you could be caught in.
We had the same hotel and before I checked it I bought my typical Paris items like macarons  of Laduree and mustard of Maille..
And we had falafel again at L'as du falafel, but this time we were a larger group and took a table inside. So friendly people there.
We walked to the arena again like on Sunday, but this time I had a seat left side of the stage. Very good view but I was blinded by 2 headlights all the time. What is it like, when you're on stage ...it has to be pretty bright.
So my pictures wasn't the best this evening.
And what can I say about the concert?
It was not the same like on Sunday. It was the second show in the same town and I think the hardcore fans all coming to the first show. A few will visit the second show but in the second show are always music user.... they think, ok, Depeche Mode, why not, but they aren't really fans. And so the mood wash#t as good like Sunday and Dave was really nervous. He forgot to welcome the fans after "It's no good", the 2nd song. After " Barrel of the gun" as he sang "Don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head", he noticed his fault and greeted the fans now with " Good evening Paris". At this moment we knew, ok Dave has to change the set, he didm#t like this and that was the reason for his nervousness.

He looked good again this evening, but he was a little bit tired. On Sunday he wore a new blue glittering jacket. He had been to the barber, the shorter hairs are good for him and he was freshly shaved too. Tuesday he came back in his red jacket and red shoes.
His movements are slower, the pirouettes not so wild, on sunday he turned like a ballerina, so graceful, on tuesday like an older ballerina dancing only for herself at home.
But I didn't have a problem with this, he is a human being. we all getting older and slower...
Gernerally was more peace on stage, on the first night, Dave stuck out his tongue in Andy's direction at "It's no good", who knows what he wanted to tell him, screeched not so many times....

Martin sang " Sister's of night". Much better than " Insight", because the back vocals of Peter Gordeno on " Insight", sorry I wanted to keep my ears shut.

From " Everything counts" on the show was nearly like the first evening, all people were now awake...Dave always imitates Michael Jackson with little squeaks here. I don't like it.
" Then finally the change, dave sang " Policy of truth" instead of " Stripped". A really good change, because of me, they can play this every evening.
" Enjoy the silence"....on Sunday really the best song, because the crowd sand  a long time after the song. The french copied the typical italian sing a-long of this song, Dave was really surprised and enjoyed it by sitting on the drum podium.
The Parisien did it again on Tuesday, wow, goose bumps!!!

Martin sang " Judas".
And " Question of time" was again a full power show of Mr. Gahan. At the end he threw his microphone stand away, as in old " Devotional" times. Unbelievable cool.
" Personal Jesus". Dancing, dancing, dancing, Dave danced like a devil to this song and I gave my best to do the same.

So, two different but unforgettable Paris shows.
After the concert we met a few friends from Paris and danced, drank and laughed together a few hours.

As I woke up in the next morning to take our train very early back to Cologne, I felt like a marmot bit my ass.....ouch.....


we need a bit wine to going back to Paris



Mustard shopping


jewish beer, tasted great


Sunday at L'as du Falafel



Tuesday at L'as du Falafel


Eclairs again




look how many people were in the standing area, overcrowded....







" That's all there is"








The Master needed a refreshment


" Policy of truth" but the screening of " Heroes", a little bit strange




" Arghhhh.... so great...."



" Never let me down again".



the wild man






wonderful private Aftershow Party,
thank you Daphné, Alain, Jeremy!





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen