Freitag, 31. Januar 2014

Depeche Mode in Paris or Merci Bercy!!!!


Second time within one week I took the Thalys train to Paris, but this time we stayed in Paris.
We had a hotel near the Omnisport de Bercy, in the quarter Bercy Village, which is a quarter with nice small shops and fascinating pleasure grounds near the River Seine.
This time I had the resolution to jog and I succeeded it 3 times.
It was a wonderful feeling every morning to pass the Omniport de Bercy where on Wednesday and Friday many Depeche Mode fans already stood. The hardcore fans come always very early to run in the first row!!!

But we spent three wonderful days in Paris. I was several times in Paris and it is every time a pleasure to walk through this beautiful city. I love the pastries in France and I stopped often to buy a tartlet.
Good idea to jog in Paris, because I ate so many sweet things, ups.

The first concert was this time better. Every single one a concert in the Omnisport de Bercy is a good concert. Twelve times I saw Depeche Mode now in the Bercy, I love this location!!!
From the first moment the audience stood, the atmosphere was great. On Friday it was a little bit a weekend audience. On Wednesday Martin had so much fun at " Enjoy the silence ", he walked at the end of the song on the catwalk to Dave like they did in Oslo!!! Yeah!
"Personal Jesus" catapulted me into another space. They started it so slow and moved it to the length until the song really trotted!! Unbelievable.

After the show we went very fast back to our hotel, because I had to sleep.
I wanted to have my peace of mind. Now I reached the level where I start to enjoy every minute with Mr. Gahan, because the time to say " Goodbye" is not so far away.

On Friday we visited the concert with good friends of mine, a couple from Germany.
They had so many fun at the concert. They saw the last Depeche Mode concert in Mannheim 2001.
At this time they still wasn't a couple.At that time I didn't know, that they are in Mannheim like me and I met them as Martin sang " Somebody".
That was a very emotional moment for me because it was the last concert of the "Exitertour" and I heard the song the first time at this tour and I cried as I met them .
And in incredible ways Martin's third song of this  evening was " Somebody"!
Anyway I was in a kind of cry mode and and in this moment the floodgates opened completely.

A big demerit was that they changed " should be higher" for " in your room"!
Dave looked like he didn't know that as the intro of the song started.
Martin sang " Blue Dress", first time of this tour with the screening of the Goodbye tourvideo in the back.
Finally the concert turned into a "Violator" concert instead a " Delta Machine" concert.
The band was in a good mood, even Peter Gordena was laughing, only Dave was sometimes a little bit 
serious. But in the end it was a big party again and "Personal Jesus" was again the highlight of the concert!!
I cried it all out. 
The first " Goodbye" I had to say to my friend Martin, because it was his last concert of the tour and maybe we will never see a Depeche Mode concert together.
Who knows what the future holds?

Now I'm back home with well-filled bags of Maille mustard, Laduree macaroons ( a typical french pastry), french cheese and wonderful memories of three fantastic days in Paris.
Hope I will come back one day to Paris and the Omniport de Bercy to see Depeche Mode again!!!!


Merci Bercy!!!!!





Omniport de Bercy!!




































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen