Montag, 20. Januar 2014

Depeche Mode in Madrid, second concert or take my hand.....

We start the second day in Madrid with a Happy Birthday" to my friend Martin.
What a luck, that we both can celebrate our birthdays on this great travel !

Because the wild after show party we all needed a long walk through the cold Madrid.
We went through Chueca, the gay district with many bars, cafes and restaurants and finally we had lunch in a small italian restaurant where we all got the satisfaction our needs.
I'm vegetarian and it was not easy in Spain specially in Madrid to find good vegetarian food.
After a couple of days only with tortilla and cheese sandwiches I was hungry as a hunter.
So I was really happy to got a big mixed salad!!
Then we all was very tired and retired us for a while in our hotel rooms until we met us again in a nice bar near the Palacio Desportes.

The second concert is now my number three of the Delta Machine tour after Rome and Milano.
Dave came in such a very good mood on the stage, I knew at once that will be a very special evening.
He laughed so often, spoke with the audience, wow, he liked Spain!!!!
The first change came instead of " Black Celebration"!
I need a while to realize what song it is:
"Come with me, into the trees.....take my hand, come back to the land....
Let me see you stripped down to the bone!"

The crowd exclaimed in delight " Stripped", sung by Dave. I was so happy at this moment, wonderful
performance !
The second change was " in your room" instead of " policy of truth" !
Martin sang " Judas".
Depeche Mode and specially Dave with his pirouettes and his lazy moves drove the audience crazy.
I could not stop to yell and I didn't know the best song of the evening, I liked all songs at this funky night.
And I said to a friend of mine " I'm sure, that Martin will singing "Home" tonight!", and he did!!
It was the best song to describe the feeling of this night:"  And I thank you, for bringing me here..!"
After the concert I was so sweat through...unbelievable.
I tried to meet a friend from Italy, but I didn't find him. As I looked for him I met another guy from Argentina which I knew. I like this so much: meeting fans from all over the world and sharing our happiness.

We drank some beers in a bar for coming down and went then back to the hotel, where we felt in a quiet sleep.

Unfortunately it was raining in the next morning so we stumped with our umbrellas through the dominical Madrid. The cafes and restaurants opened late and we had a job to find a good breakfast.
In many bars we found a lot of reveller. That's typical Madrid!!!
We made a long tour through many quarters over the big place "Plaza Mayor" where me a fat spiderman called" ugly paparazzi" because I made a picture of him without giving him money for posing. Then through the Latina, with the Sunday fleemarket, then through Lavapies, an old Jewish quarter, but now a focal point for immigrant populations.
Through Atocha, the station, back to the "Paseo del Arte", the museum mile with the Prado.
We spent our last hour in the new renovated Cibeles palace with a beer and a typical cake a la Madrid.

This was one of my best journeys I ever made, I saw so many different facings of Spain, I have to ease down.
I saw Spain stripped down to the bone and some day I will come back to this wonderful country!!!




































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen