Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2015

Dave Gahan & The Soulsavers in London or be lucky

In the early morning of October 26th I took a flight to London Heathrow, because Mr. Gahan is calling.
I saw him the last time in February 2014 in Moscow, where Depeche Mode played their last concert of the Delta Machine tour.
I heard the rumours about a second album with the Soulsavers and I hoped to see them live together next year.

But they announced the new album 4 weeks ago and six concerts.
And this will be my first trip to one of the four concerts in Europe.
They played last week in Los Angeles and New York and I tried to hear nothing from this concerts and give my best to didn't see the setlist.

So if you do not want to know the setlist: take care: Spoiler inside!!

I was very excited to see Dave again.

It was a good flight to Heathrow and in one hour I reached the Shard, one of Londons younger buildings.
The architect was Renzo Piano and it is an typical Piano construction ( the P& C building in Cologne is another construction of him).

The building is an impressive thorn of glass. I got the chance to go upstairs immediately, no queue.
I took many of pictures, they say more than words, so look at here.....






Finally downstairs again I enjoyed a tasty breakfast : a houmus wrap, a green smoothie and a coffee with coconut milk. It's so easy to find good food in London as you are a vegan.
But everything is welded in plastic. There will never be a perfect world.....

I made a wonderful walk along the river Thames to the London Eye where I met two friends.
The weather was sunny, no clouds in the sky, it didn't feel like October.
Later we stopped for two beers in an great old pub: Ye olde cheshire cheese Pub at Fleet Street.
They have many old sorts of beer. You have to go there if you are in London!!









Time is tight, only two hours left to find my hotel, to refresh myself, to eat until the concert.
My hotel was in Hammersmith. Very good for the way back to the airport in the morning.
It called Aviva Hotel and I recommend it for your next stay in London, very clean, modern and small.
I forgot my adapter for the british mains supply and the guy from the reception gave me two.

Short new styling and ready to go. No dinner, no beer, I walk straight to Shepherd's Bush, it was only 10 minutes fast walking from my hotel.
Many fans were waiting in front of the Shepeherd's Bush empire and we joined into the queue.
We stood in the sixt row, it was a small intimate venue, so we had a great view on Mr. Gahan.

Dave's mother and son with his wife and his brother sat at the right balcony, at the other balcony sat Mr. Fletch Fletcher, Gordeno, Eigner and Daniel Miller. Andy looked like a grumpy old man.

Yeah, and then it was time for him.....
Please excuse, but the concert started and in my mind it ended 10 minutes later.
The first two songs I heard nothing, I saw only Dave. It was a very special moment for me.
Yes, you can laugh about me. I saw so many concerts with Dave but....no words.

The first 75 minutes they played a mixture of the both albums they made together.
I like the Soulssavers, great performers.
Tempted, Take me back home and the sun were the best songs for me, but all the songs are so well presented. He was the voice.

After a very short break, they played "Kingdom" and "Dirty sticky floor". He switched into the entertainer and great performer we all love. But this new quiet aspect of him, I was surprised.
And then... twelve years ago I heard this song the last time. In Milano on his solo tour.
It is one of my favorite live songs of Depeche Mode but only performed by Dave.
"Condemnation". It was an unbelievable feeling. Happiness, Pain, Desire, very deep emotions.
The last song was " Walking in my shoes".

We closed the evening in a pub with a few beer and I got only 4 hours to sleep until I went back to the airport and from the airport in Cologne straight to work.
So I need a day to write this blog because I was so tired.

Now I'm in a very special mood.
I'm really really happy, happy and lucky....
And I think nothing could be more important. To be happy.
Thank you Mr. Gahan



















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen