Sonntag, 9. Juli 2017

Depeche Mode in Paris, July 1 or same procedure as every time....in Paris

Time is running, tomorrow it will be one week ago I took the Thalys train from Cologne to Paris. We are living in a very good position here in Cologne, because many cheap airlines fling from Cologne to many places in the world. It isn't far to the airports in Dusseldorf or Frankfurt and you can take many trains to many destinations. The Thalys train is a french train and you canto to Paris in 3 hours and 15 minutes. That's the fastest way. We met in the train many friends. Ironically we sat all in the same wagon. I think the other travelers to Paris didn't have so much fun like us and I think, we were the reason there for.
In Paris, I always follow the same procedure. I must quickly take the metro to "Madeleine" and buy mustard  at the shop " Maillle" and macarons at "Laduree".
I'm a mustard junkie and I was so happy to brought this things with me. My kids are very happy, too.
A few friends 



A few friends have accompanied me on my shopping trip and were also enthusiastic about the great mustard. Afterwards we took a touristic meal directly at the madeleine. But the wine was really good. It is hard to go to paris to eat well. Especially vegan is difficult. Very good is Indian or North African, but we had no time for it.






 The church " Madeleine" looks like an old temple. Beautiful and imposant.


I could not resist and had to nibble a macaron just before dinner.


After a short break in our hotel in St. Denis. The Novotel hotel is an very modern hotel just 150 meters to the Stade de France. There's is a metro station next to the hotel.
It is perfect for a visit in the stadium, because after the concert it is not so easy to catch a tube to going back to the city.
There are many colored people there in this neighborhood. Some visitors  are scared, but everyone is friendly, it's no problem to stay there.
It was raining, but the weather god was good to us.


The stadium was not sold out, so the London concert with 80000 people was the biggest concert so far.


This time I was in perfect time in the stadium and I enjoyed the support band "The Algiers".
I liked their performance. The mood was very good, I think they have success in France.
But then after a break of 30 minutes Depeche Mode entered the stage.
It was now very unusual to see a concert for a long time in brightness, because in Italy was it quickly dark. This is very encouraging. So it was still light up to half of the concert. A beautiful blue sky with a few clouds and you could see the moon.






Dave was in a wonderful mood. He was so hooked by Italy. For me it was not easy, the bar was set very high after the italian concerts. 
And don't forget the "Stade de France" is an enormous building ( I was a little bit surprised by the low level security at this evening, no strict controls).


I love that moment when Dave says " Good evening, Paris!". The most concerts of Depeche Mode I saw in Paris ( most of them in the "Omnisport de Bercy, now called "Arcor Arena"). Second place is London, but Paris is leading. Anyway, I was happy to be in Paris.


Meanwhile I love "Barrel of the gun". Dave's performance is unaffordable. Now he is back in the theater mode. He plays every evening in the same theater and I hang on his lips every moment.
But I saw his face after the third song. He let his gaze wander through the great stadium and he knew this would be hard work.



" World in my eyes !"


It was wonderful, as he walked on the catwalk at " Cover me" and danced his own son. I mean he danced his song not to his song. The blue sky with the moon and this tiny old but beautiful man alone on the catwalk. Best moment of the concerts. I will miss this so much in the summertime. 
I have tears in my eyes, when I'm thinking at this moment.....



Martin gave the Parisians " Judas". Wonderful.
Here he is on his way back from the catwalk to stage. I like how he is running every time. he is a funny guy.


Finally the sun went down.  Dave was very happy. Meanwhile all people are standing in the whole stadium. Home is in the most times the break. All people know Depeche Mode will now playing only hits.
" Everthing counts" was so amazing. Maybe my favorite song on this tour. The version is so good.
As Dave walked on the catwalk he catched a mobile phone of a fan in the front row and filmed the audience for a long while. Haha, happy fan. 



" Enjoy the silence". I can now take the background video and just enjoy the song.
I like how Dave move at this song. This is no theater, this are real dance moves. 




Beautiful atmosphere and I couldn't take more pictures. I had to enjoy every moment. The summer tour are coming to the end and although I will have a very long year with Depeche Mode, I am now easily wistful. Crying ....



A small vermouth drop. Erasure also played in Paris this evening. As support of Robbie Williams in  the Bercy. I had the tiny little hope that they might come to Depeche Mode after their concert in the stadium and Vince might play "Just can not get enough" with them. But unfortunately, I had to bury this hope.


Thank you Depeche Mode for another great concert. Thank you Paris. I will come back in december for another two concerts in Paris in the Bercy.


And same procedure as every time. We entered the outdoor after show party at the "Stade de France". At one corner of the stadium there is a bar and after every summer concert of depeche Mode they play the whole evening Depeche Mode and there is a always a great celebrating time. Most of the times the party are better than the concert. I met many long time mates and I met many new people. Wonderful evening. I indulged to my favorite job: dancing, singing, drinking to Depeche Mode with friends and strangers under the open sky. What can be better? 





I slept only a few hours before we had to leave to the station. We made a nice walk through the multicultural mix of Paris, I love so much and take the Thalys train back to home.


Luckely my children were expecting me with food and a nice couch potato evening.. Otherwise I would have fallen into a deep hole without Depeche Mode and my friends.
I love you all, Devotees.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen