Montag, 2. April 2018

Depeche Mode in Lima, Peru at March 18 or "I flying high"

We had a good flight to Lima and after a ride with a Uber, we arrived in our beautiful hotel in San Isidro. 
Clean, big and beautiful rooms, a pool and a very good breakfast, I highly recommend this hotel for a save stay in Lima. The neighborhood  is so safe, you have a supermarket and good small restaurants, we found a small vegan restaurant and I had the best food since several days. I felt a bit better and I was so happy to be together with my longest travelmate Martin from Cologne. We had to tell us so much during this first evening.

 But it was concert time again!



Another Uber ride to the Estadio Nacional, it was new renovate and looked very modern. So many people around the stadium, selling Depeche Mode  stuff and beer. It was like in an anthill, what a swarm.. but everybody was on his way into this stadium, it was well organized, a big front of the stage area with portable toilets, flying beer sellers and official merchandise where I bought a t-shirt now with the peruvian flag! Great!



We missed the supporting band, in every city played a local band.

The mood was very good, I could smell that it would be a very good show, sometimes there is something in the air....

And it was a wonderful concert from he beginning. The people danced and sang from the first song!
The people on the seating places are very loud, we and I think the band, too, could hear them very well! 
A very special athmosphere!

Dave didn't look good, he looked really tired and ill. He sweat every concert but in Lima, he sweated so 
much, he has really dark shadows under his eyes and sometimes he stood only there and breathed deeply. But he is a really hard guy and his performance got more and more wilder. I have had the whole day convulsions, I'm not totally recovered of my gastroenteritis, but like E. T. and Elliott I felt better with every step or move Dave made. We was and are connected, I'm sure! 





" Cover me" was wonderful, but Dave didn't touch anybody, because he felt not so good!
Every song was good, my friend Martin liked " Enjoy the silence" most, for me " Never let me down" was the best song of the evening:
" I'm taking a ride with my best friend... we're flying high.... never want to come down!"
After the Machu Picchu experience and the first impressions of Lima I was in such a happy attitude!
I absorbed every tone, I enjoyed really every moment, I was a small part of this great concert, a small ant in the big anthill!
Many peoples danced very wild and I gave my best at " Question of time" and " Personal Jesus", forgetting my stomach pain and became play dough in Dave's hands.



The Lima people like the Martin songs, too, but Dave was their hero, every move, every small word...." Lima, how you are feeling?" was answered with a huge applause. 



Lima, thank you so much for this unforgettable concert!
And Dave, you are really the best! 



Next day, we made a big tour through this city with its many faces. Never saw a city like Lima, every neighborhood was so different. The traffic was the craziest thing I ever experienced, you have to be really strong and hard to survive driving a car in Lima or crossing a street.
We saw many really poor people, another really hard metropolis with more than 8 millions residents. 
But I will return to Lima and to Peru, have had many happy days here and I will discover more of this country!

Hope you enjoy my pictures!!!


" Monastery of San Francisco at Plaza de Armas "



" Plaza de Armas "







Mercado Central de Lima
A very interesting place because of the variety of fruits and vegetables.
And ( I'm vegan) if you eat meat, use the whole animals. They sold every peace of the animals there. 
We saw the poverty of this city, of this country, so the people are more heedful of their food. 
We have to think about our attitude in our rich and saturated countries.



" The sigh-bridge" in Barranco, Lima "


" Pacific Ocean" 








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen