Dienstag, 3. November 2015

An evening with Dave Gahan & the Soulsavers or the main course is served

After my wonderful shopping tour in Paris, my amuse gueul, and a short stop in my small hotel  ( Hotel des Belges, it's a little bit like in Belgium, looks at first glance like a gin place, if you know what I mean, but it was clean and safe) I walked to Cigalle, which is located near to Pigalle and Montmartre .

It is a very small theater, completely with seats, no standing area and so the fans are forced to sit at their place. I had a place on the orchestra at the left sight with a very good view to the stage.

Concerts starts at 20.15 o'clock....the main course was ready for serving.....the Soulsavers and Mr. Gahan entered the stage. Dave in a green jacket this time..

The setlist was the same as before. This time I saw so many things I didn't see in London and Berlin, but from my higher position on the orchestra I could watch it better.
On the stage was glued a small carpet, like a prayer-rug. Maybe it was for the lighting position, many times he stood on the carpet.  Nothing with "dirty sticky floor", very funny.

And I noticed it the first time in Berlin, he use his microphone without his beloved microphone stand.
And I saw it agin, he didn't use it. I saw that never before. Dave and his mike stand is a long life love.
Shocking, it's like a divorce.....

I'm a little bit theatric, because the whole evening was like a play and Dave was the leading actor and the Soulsavers are the bit part. Meanwhile he can sing and dance and pose at once. He was Macbeth and he gave his best. Finally the audience stood up completely. I stood from the first moment!!

It was the best concert for me in Paris on this small tour. Yes, I like the french fans, they are so stylish and they take time but then they are very enthusiastic. Dave enjoyed it so much, he bathed in applause.

" Have you ever followed Jesus.....this will be my last time".

I say it again, he is my personal jesus. After the concert I drank a few beers with good friends and we spoke about the chemistry between Dave and the Soulsavers. Very good chemistry in contrast to the chemistry on many Depeche Mode concerts.
Yes, they play a many many concerts more and it's harder to play in a stadium than in a small theater,
but I thought as I heard Dave singing: this should be my last time....
Yes,but I'm sure I will be on my pool position when the next tour starts....

I wish I could write poems, I would write a poem about Dave....
So I say it with his words:
"He is a sinner, he is a saint, I'm nothing without you."


Ok, back home now from Paris.
I want to say a few words about Paris. What a melting point, so many people with different parentages. I think it is not easy to live their, but they do. Respect and I'm sure we can do it, too.

Looking forward to Milano, I have to catch a very early flight and my idea is to be very early at the venue to stand in the first rows, because it will be the last time....


















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen